YeshID is now SOC II compliant! 🎉 Not sure why this is important? In an increasingly digital world, safeguarding sensitive information, especially during employee IT onboarding and offboarding, is of critical importance. SOC II compliance represents a major commitment to data security and privacy.
We want to share this news with you for two reasons:
- To help deepen your trust in YeshID as your tool of choice for secure onboarding and offboarding.
- You might want to achieve SOC II compliance for your growing company one day too! We’re hoping our journey can help you with yours.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what SOC II compliance means, its significance for YeshID, and how it benefits your organization.
What is SOC II compliance?
SOC II, or Service Organization Control 2, is a rigorous auditing process that evaluates a company’s controls relevant to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of customer data. Achieving SOC II compliance demonstrates that YeshID has undergone thorough assessments and meets high industry standards in data security.
SOC II compliance is usually conducted by a third-party assessor that measures the following:
- Security: Assesses measures in place to protect the organization’s systems, data centers, networks, access controls, and more from unauthorized access, physical and otherwise
- Availability: Examines downtime, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning to assess the reliability of systems and services as agreed upon with customers
- Processing integrity: Evaluates if data is processed accurately, completely, and in a timely manner
- Confidentiality: Assesses access controls, encryption, and data privacy measures to focus on the protection of sensitive data from unauthorized access or disclosure
- Privacy: Assesses the management of personal information and its compliance with relevant data privacy regulations
There are companies that help you achieve SOC II compliance. For example, YeshID worked with Vanta to help automate the SOC II process and find a vetted third-party auditor.
Why does SOC II compliance matter?
SOC II compliance ensures that any company undergoing the process has implemented robust security measures to protect sensitive information. This is particularly essential for YeshID because during employee onboarding and offboarding, personal and confidential data is frequently exchanged. Achieving SOC II compliance shows our strong commitment to data security and privacy.
SOC II compliance helps reduce potential risks and vulnerabilities in your data management processes. It safeguards your organization against data breaches and regulatory fines. It also sends a signal to your customers, investors, partners, and stakeholders that data privacy and access management is a top priority for your company.
SOC II-compliant IT onboarding and offboarding with YeshID
SOC II compliance is a milestone that strengthens our commitment to data security and privacy. By choosing YeshID, you can trust that your sensitive information is in safe hands during employee onboarding and offboarding processes and that you are complying with the highest data protection standards. This means that you are that much closer to achieving SOC II compliance by using a SOC II-compliant onboarding and offboarding provider.
In an age where data breaches and privacy concerns are ever-present, SOC II compliance is your assurance that YeshID is dedicated to maintaining the utmost standards of data security. Let us help you unlock a new era of security and efficiency in your organization’s processes.